Call for Tender of the Riga City Council Co-Financing Programme “Riga Film Fund” for Foreign Film Productions in Riga!
Submission deadline on 13.04.2015.
Applicants that plan to finish the implementation of the film project and to deliver the report on the film project’s expenditure by November 30, 2015 can apply.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Tender regulations.
Welcome to Riga!
- Located in Northern-Eastern Europe, only a 2 hour flight away from London, Paris, and Moscow
- A compact, but extensive reservoir of diverse undiscovered filmmaking locations
- Included in UNESCO World heritage list for its medieval architecture, for the quality and quantity of its Art Nouveau architecture, for its 19th century architecture in wood
- A starting point on the way to Latvian picturesque, unspoilt nature, sea, fields, forests, swamps, manors and colourful towns
- The city-actress who is able to double many European cities just like Latvian nature doubles many places from all around the world
- Shooting permits can be arranged quickly and easily
- Well developed film industry with qualified professionals
- Quality filmmaking and technical service with experience in international projects
- Responsive and welcoming municipality
- Riga City Council co-financing programme “Riga Film Fund”
- Some of the lowest filmmaking costs in Europe
- Refund of value added tax
- Latvian membership at the Council of Europe fund "Eurimages" for co-production, distribution and support and in „Media”, the European Commission’s support programme for cinema and audiovisual media
IEGULDĪJUMS TAVĀ NĀKOTNĒ!