HomeWelcome to Riga!
- Located in Northern-Eastern Europe, only a 2 hour flight away from London, Paris, and Moscow
- A compact, but extensive reservoir of diverse undiscovered filmmaking locations
- Included in UNESCO World heritage list for its medieval architecture, for the quality and quantity of its Art Nouveau architecture, for its 19th century architecture in wood
- A starting point on the way to Latvian picturesque, unspoilt nature, sea, fields, forests, swamps, manors and colourful towns
- The city-actress who is able to double many European cities just like Latvian nature doubles many places from all around the world
- Shooting permits can be arranged quickly and easily
- Well developed film industry with qualified professionals
- Quality filmmaking and technical service with experience in international projects
- Responsive and welcoming municipality
- Riga City Council co-financing programme “Riga Film Fund”
- Some of the lowest filmmaking costs in Europe
- Refund of value added tax
- Latvian membership at the Council of Europe fund "Eurimages" for co-production, distribution and support and in „Media”, the European Commission’s support programme for cinema and audiovisual media
IEGULDĪJUMS TAVĀ NĀKOTNĒ!